Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rosette Bib Necklace

Apparently these are all the rage these days. I may be a bit late jumping on the bandwagon, but I've been wanting to make one of these forever! I found this amazing tutorial online from youcanmakethis.com blog and got started right away.

Here is my first attempt. I could see making these in many fun colors. For my first, I wanted to make something neutral that would match lots of outfits. And each part of it has its own story behind it. Like one of the embellishments on it is from my junior year prom dress that I finally dug out of my closet and decided to use the material and clip off the pretty jewels from it. Another embellishment is from another old college shirt. The wool felt is hand-dyed. And the white rosettes are from an upcycled wool sweater I found at a thrift store.


Here's another rosette necklace tutorial I found at the Tortoise and the Hare. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Clairissa - I love this! It looked amazing at church. I love that you used old sentimental fabric too.