Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girl-a-fy my daughter's room

Nearly 11 months ago, we moved into our home in Texas. I’ve been ridiculously lazy at decorating. Case in point, over 8 months ago I purchased this frame from IKEA (along with the rest of the world, apparently. I keep seeing it pop up everywhere). But it is cute, yes?

After sitting in my room in shrink wrap for all of those months, I finally decided to do what I envisioned with it. A little spray paint, scrap fabric, ribbon and glue gun …. voila.









































My 5-yr-old loves to display pictures in her room and her ever-changing collection now has a place above her nightstand. And she can easily slip the pictures in and out herself.
I made this project display board last year from an idea I found HERE, but during the move, the clothes pins fell off so I re-made them. This is also perfect for my daughter’s room because she loves to display her latest projects.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I love this frame. Strange that I've never seen it at Ikea before. I am redoing Kylie's room for her birthday so maybe I'll have to check it out. It would go perfectly with the style I am doing. Thanks for sharing your talent. :)